“Beloved Beauty Balm, beneficial beyond belief, banishing blandness bringing back blooming, beautiful, boldly beaming skin!”
Can you say this tongue twister 5 times fast? Our crew here at head office sure had fun trying.
Now that we have had some amusement, let’s get serious about this game-changing product and delve into why it will revolutionise your skincare and makeup routine.
What is BB cream?
BB Cream is short for Beauty Balm, although some people know it as Blemish Balm. We usually refer to it as the Bomb Balm because this hybrid between skincare and makeup will blast away all your skin concerns by reaching deep below the surface layer to deliver skin that is better from within, whilst providing the perfect level of coverage for that radiant and smooth appearance.
How it differs from a traditional foundation.
Many people assume that BB Cream is another type of Foundation. This is an incorrect assumption, the differences are vast, as are the long-term effects on your skin’s well-being and appearance with continued use.
Foundation has 1 purpose, to improve the overall appearance and the visible texture of your skin. Whereas BB Cream usually has at least 4 - 5 functions.
Below is an explanatory list of all the functions that our Tinted BB cream performs:
- Serum. Infuses the skin with nutrients that repair, restore and protect. Tones, firms and helps to wind back and pause the ticking time bomb of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Moisturiser. Provides intense moisture to strengthen the skin. Moisturised skin is glowing, plump and soft.
- Skin Tint. Evening out the skin tone and masking blemishes and breakouts as well as the appearance of pores fine lines and wrinkles.
- Sunscreen. SPF 30 protection which blocks about 97% per cent of UVB rays that hit your skin.
- Primer. BB Cream is the perfect base for those days you would like a full face of makeup as opposed to a natural look. It provides all the benefits above and gives the perfect bare undercoat for applying your makeup.
Hitting the market over 20 years ago, BB Creams came in like a wrecking ball. They revolutionised the skincare and cosmetics world because finally there was an alternative to the foundations that were very effective at creating skin that appeared beautiful, but at the same time were causing skincare issues below the surface due to the high content of mineral oils and other comedogenic (pore-clogging) ingredients such as silicones. It cannot be denied that traditional foundations do give your skin the appearance of a smooth texture and beautiful, flawless even tone, but the downside of these products is that they contain harsh chemicals that can disrupt the skin's protective barrier, which makes it easier for pathogens (all the bad guys) to enter your skin.
Using a traditional foundation regularly can cause a variety of undesirable side effects, impacting the overall health and natural appearance of your skin. It creates a vicious cycle, whereby you use foundation to improve the appearance of your skin, but in doing so the health of your skin is compromised, you have breakouts and/or oily skin, sensitivity, flare-ups and inflammation, uneven tone, clogged pores, premature ageing, As a result, you wear more foundation to improve the surface appearance of your skin, and the cycle continues.
The benefits of using BB Cream.
Here at Melvory, we believe that the right combination of potent vitamins, wholesome nutrients, and nature's most effective ingredients can visibly improve skin health. We have formulated a Tinted BB Cream that is enhanced with Hyaluronic acid, Kakadu plum and Shea oil. Along with Peptides, Vitamins B3 + E and SPF 30 sun protection. As well as providing colour coverage and skin benefits, our BB Cream is vegan and cruelty-free and contains none of those "dirty dozen" chemicals, as we pride ourselves on being a proven clean skincare and beauty brand.
Using a multifaceted product creates efficiency, instead of using five products you only need to use one. Save time without compromising the needs of your skin. Simplify your skincare and cosmetics collection, instead of a drawer or cabinet overflowing with multiple skincare products and multiple makeup products (primer, concealer, foundation, finisher, I’m looking at you!) draw inspiration from the famous Marie Kondo, if it doesn’t bring you joy by aiding in the betterment of your skin, bin it.
How to use BB cream.
No complicated steps or routines here, BB Cream is one of those products that you really can’t apply incorrectly. Nevertheless we have compiled a few quick tips and tips to help ensure the product performs to the best of its ability.
- Begin with clean skin, slightly damp is always a good starting point. Our favourite is to apply a quick mist of either our Rose Silk Toner or Orange Blossom Toner.
- A little goes a long way, so start with one or 2 pumps. You can either place small dots all over your face, or directly onto a makeup brush (our Kabuki Brush is a great one to use) or onto a damp makeup sponge. You could also use your fingers to apply and blend, but if you do please make sure your hands are clean and freshly washed. Alarming fact, our hands carry on average 3,200 different germs belonging to more than 150 species – of which some can be harmful and cause infection, we do not want to rub that into our skin!
- Gently dab the BB Cream all over your face. Adjust the amount used to achieve the coverage desired. The coverage can range from barely there, to medium level. We generally like to start with any ‘problem’ areas where we would ordinarily use a concealer, and then work outwards on the rest of the face. Remember to gently dab, not pull because that will wreak havoc with your skin (hello wrinkles and sagging). Don’t forget to go a little bit below your jawline so it all blends in nicely.
- For more of a full-face makeup look, or if you need additional coverage or extended staying power, our Mineral Powder Foundation is the perfect finishing product and is available in 6 shades. Apply a small dusting with our Kabuki Brush to fix your look into place and provide a boost of coverage and longevity.
We hope this has helped you understand more about our Tinted BB Cream. We offer 3 different shades, Light, Medium and Tan. As well as sample sized pots if you are unsure which shade would suit you best.
As always if you have any questions please feel free to reach out to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message on Facebook or Instagram.